Herman Huffman opened Huffman Jewelers in 1957 at 14328 Manchester Road. In 1966, Herman moved the store location to the Manchester Mall (Manchester Road & Hwy 141) next to Dairy Queen. The store remained there for 33 years. In 1999, the new Highway 141 was developed and the strip mall was torn down. Huffman Jewelers then relocated to their current location at 14740 Manchester Road in the Triple H Farms Plaza.
Herman’s son, Gary, had been working along side of his father since the age of 17. Every day when school was out, Gary came straight to the store to work and learn the watch making trade from his father. Herman passed away in 1975 and Gary took the store over and became the master watchmaker of Huffman Jewelry.
In 2018, as Gary began thinking more about retirement, he approached Vicki to see if she would be interested in purchasing the store from him. Vicki had been his goldsmith and diamond setter for the past 15 years so he was confident in her expertise. Gary wanted his store name and legacy to be carried on by someone he trusted.
Gary and his late father had built a large clientele and developed friendships with many families over the 60 plus years in business. Gary wanted his customers to continue having the close personal relationship of a trusting jeweler and watchmaker right in the neighborhood.
To this day, Gary is still doing watch repairs for the store but he is now doing the work from the comfort of his home while enjoying retirement with his wife, Wanda.
Vicki is now the current owner as well as goldsmith and diamond setter for Huffman Jewelers. Vicki’s son, Brenden, is the store manager and her daughter, Kelly, is the assistant manager. The three of them will continue to carry the Huffman name and legacy for many, many years to come.